Sunday 22 January 2017

Stevens

KI know I have not done enough practice this week, to nail tonight's solo..Someone to watch over me. Been so busy with work and catching up with other things. I will wing it, but with the trombone, there is no where to hide. Ok, I can BS jazz and no one would really know. .but a tune everyone knows? I wonder what the biggest musical gaf in the 40s swing band was? Would the musician be sacked on the spot....would the second player be itching to get in their seat. Pretty sure the pressure in top orchestras today must be like that ? I did hear that some top violin players have to take beta blockers to stop the nerves making them shake? Frightening stuff. I will stick to playing wrong notes, then glaring at player next to me pretending it was them :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment