Wednesday 14 December 2016

Audio Murphy

It was like another shoot out at the ok Coral last night. The trombone always follows the trumpet in jazz solos. As the last super f from the trumpet died away, I stood to try and get somewhere near his outstanding improvisation. Starting on my favourite note (A....no matter what key we are in) I launched into my Janet and John jazz. A bar in...I became aware of another musician playing in my jazz bit. The alto sax had stood at the wrong time...and now it was a case...of who would back down. Like dueling banjos....we got louder and louder...none giving ground. However, I have another use for 7th position...as I poked him in the eye with the end of my slide....he slumped to the ground...mortally offended. I finished my solo...blew the smoke from the bell....and sat down to rupturous applause...and road off into the bar.....yee haw..

2 comments:

  1. You did right and you're loved more than ever by all trombonists. Those nasty alto players are like gnats. You've got to stomp them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did what I thought my uncle Felix would do.

    ReplyDelete