Sunday 25 December 2016

Home alone

An unusual chrimbo day for me. Woke and drove to work. Picked up a limo...and set off to pick up 7 people for a free Xmas dinner. When I saw it was 7...I wondered if they all would be dwarves!!! But no...only one grumpy person in car....me!!!. Unfortunately a few of the old lonely folk, were too poorly to come. One chap, we were really worried about...so I rang his daughter...and then found a local shop that was open and bought him bread and milk. One lady we picked up...suddenly screamed...I didn't think my face that bad...but she thought her purse had gone....it hadn't....twas in her hand? Arriving at venue...I was put on serving duty...and dished out...soup...full Xmas dinner...Xmas pudding...mince pies and coffee...all whilst dog sitting. All people that were on own over Xmas...won a raffle prize...and had a goody bag with food to take home. All this was provided by my wonderful employers.  Sad to see so many old folk alone at Xmas. But at least 50 people had a warm and loving Xmas. I even got a free Xmas dinner myself...plus gallons of coffee. A truly merry Xmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment