Sunday 16 April 2017

Easter peerade

All the best laid plans. I woke and wondered what I could do with myself today. All the shops were shut...shock horror...and all the walking dead centres...sorry I meant garden centers. So checking everything was in working order before I leapt out of bed...I started my exercise routine.  Up..2.3...down 2.3...then the other eye lid. A plan was forming. Visit my dad then off to a country pub somewhere for lunch. Who could guess that an hour later I would be covered in wee and vomit. Once again my army medic skills were brought out of retirement, as we found my dads next door collapsed on floor. A quick call to 999 and then making the casualty comfy. Goodness knows how long she had been down...but I carried out basic first aid and reassurance. It was moments later that I realised my knees were getting wet.  In fact sodden. The ambulance arrived and patient left still breathing. Not wanting to miss out on a Sunday meal..I went to a local pub and found a table amongst the Easter diners. It was warm as a small amount of steam started to rise from my damp knee caps. One by one the diners started to move table. I noticed that soup of the day was chicken !!!  I ordered it. Then changed my mind, it must have been a subliminal thought?..much to the waitresses annoyance.  She shouted into the kitchen ' hold the chicken and make it pea' Now what is that smell ? Happy Easter everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment