Friday 28 April 2017

St Peter's Swing

I was honoured to conduct the funeral of a fellow musician today. I would like to thank my wonderful employers for guiding me through from start to finish. I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous, as I was...and it gave me an insight of what our directors go through every day. I saw his last journey through from start to finish and prepared him for his last performance. I was hurt though, that despite 70 years of entertaining thousands of people, that only a few people turned up. I realise, that some have to go to work and some were on holidays...but some just didn't bother? Very sad. My dad who is 87...turned out to say goodbye, as he knew him from years ago. I said I was nervous before...but my dad then drove me to the wake in his car.....oh my life....I am sure there is a hole in the passenger well, where my imaginary brake was. I need to keep my eye on him. Also proud to share a photo by Nada of Cranberry Flick. Taken in the very room, where my late musician friend performed for many years. RIP mate...save me a seat in the Big Band in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment