Friday 14 April 2017

Transgender?

Having watched a male hamster give birth to 9 beautiful babies (well the pet shop said it was a male!!) I was moved by the way the mother took care of her offspring. Tender and loving, she gently introduced them to life and all its challenges. It's Easter and a celebration of rebirth. I am not sure of my beliefs..I truly think, that all this can't ,be for nothing. Its far to complex. I also go to church most days because of my work and say the lords prayer...so doing my bit. Going to church doesn't necessarily make me a good person...nor does sitting in my fridge..make me a polar bear !..However, I have one complaint. I truly believe, that on Easter Sunday...all shops should close without exception. Yes corner shops, petrol stations and supermarket outlets. Just one day, to bring back family values. To go out together. Hold hands. Talk. Just one day to appreciate those you love. Time is so short. Love is misunderstood in many cases. The first film that had me in tears as a boy, was Romeo and Juliet. Sobbed my heart out with the intensity of love between 2 people...but interference from others making life so difficult. It still happens today..with prejudice from age to colour to religion. This weekend we should all take a step back and reevaluate life and love and those that mean so much to us, but never have the time to tell them.

No comments:

Post a Comment