Sunday 23 October 2016

Arms

When I got out the army, I I decided I would take part time work, to try and ease myself into civilian life, but more importantly, try and get better. I failed on both. Instead, I was taken on, as a casual undertaker...I don't mean I turned up in jeans and flip flops, but they rang me when needed. They had 2 other casuals...both in their 70s...both very well off. They didn't need the money...but because the boss was in a secret society..of which they were members, they got the lions share of the work. It used to drive me further into insanity..as they were always in work. Even when their wives were really poorly..and needed them...they would take jobs on. Both wives died. They missed out on precious time together. One guy passed on shortly after. The other...he wanders the streets near his house...dementia setting in..but still.wearing his funeral stripe trousers, still.waiting for the phone to ring. It's tragic...but I saw the outcome before they did..they were driven by money...they forgot everything else. So sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment