Friday 21 October 2016

Bugged

Everyone who knows me, knows my fear of people with colds. They usually sneeze and cough over you, with no thought of the consequences. Yesterday, I was at a funeral, when a lady came up to me, holding a scarf to her face. She was carrying flowers....but didn't want to go into the funeral...because she was poorly. I immediately assumed she had a cold...and was being thoughtful by not spreading it. But I was wrong. She had cancer, and had her first dose of chemotherapy the day before . Her doctor said...avoid colds at all costs. So her husband attended the funeral. I explained to her, that he could pick up a bug from.someone...and to use anti bacterial spray and a nasal spray called first defence. She thanked me as she hadn't thought of that. It's only after, that I thought, would she have been so considerate before she was poorly...and had a streaming cold? I doubt it. Colds can kill.

No comments:

Post a Comment