Monday 31 October 2016

Shaking Stevens

Drinking copious amounts of coffee, while we wait to play at a Rotary Club. I have a good book. Good company. Plus 4 hours to wait. No green room unfortunately. I hope it goes better than last night, where the intro to my solo was completely cocked up? Leading me to nearly have kittens and after surviving unscathed...throw my rather battered teddy in the corner. I don't like the P word...but all musicians have to do it. It's just disrespectful to play, put your instrument in case...and not get it out again until next concert. Words were said.

2 comments:

  1. You've got to practice a while or do warmups during the day besides playing the job at night. That's why some musicians don't play as well when they get older. Doc Severinsen plays fantastic at 89.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some still use the theory...it will be alright on the night...it wasn't

    ReplyDelete