Sunday 6 November 2016

Boldy going

I have struggled out of my pit this morning, to stagger the mile to my favourite coffee shop. For decades I have been preaching for folks, to stay in and not spread germs. My cause was lost from the start. So if you can't beat them...breathe on them. Listening to world war 3 last night, I realised how things have changed on firework night, as to when I was a mere slip of a lad. For a start , you could buy bangers. These made great hand grenades. Yes, I would light it while still holding it, then quickly lob it. Same with Roman candles...only this was my rocket launcher. I tied a banger to the stick on a rocket. Lit the rocket...half way up the banger would ignite and blow the rocket to smithereens. I only had an accident once. They used to do colourful matches. So my idea to liven things up...I lit one...put it back in the box with the others....then threw it as high as I could.. wow...but then....for some unknown reason....I caught it on the way down.......A and E were busy that night. So on my walk this morning...I found these spent fireworks behind a bin. Well thermo nuclear devices I should say. I preferred my childhood...to the second mortgage you have to pay for these depth charges.

No comments:

Post a Comment