Tuesday 15 November 2016

Goodness Gracious Me

It's nearly 3 weeks now, since I had a monitor strapped to my chest to work out, why every time I swallowed..my heart did a somersault. Now, I have every praise for the NHS...but think the letters may stand for No Hurry Service. I expected to find a letter on my doorstep every day...marked Urgent...report to your nearest defibrillator outlet immediately...but as yet...nothing. Of course, I could look on the positive..and assume...I am fitter than a butcher's dog? But I always err on caution...and anything else...is a bonus. I have no real faith in the system anymore. To walk into the doctors waiting room and be the only English person there is scary...and reading through the multiple language signs to occupy the time that the doctor is running late...is making me despair. So my fate lays in an overstretched medical system...but then again..so do the majority of people I carry on my shoulder at work. It's sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment