Saturday 26 November 2016

National grid

Yesterday's funeral was 10 hours from start to finish. Caribbean funerals are always 4 to 5 hours long as they really celebrate the life of the person. Lots of singing and a live group on stage. I watched the bass guitar player avidly as the pianist shouted the progressive chart over to him. The funeral ran on time...but there is a catch to everything. Black Friday meant more than a shopping frenzy. Driving conditions were treacherous with a low Sun dazzling everyone. The concentration it takes to drive 4 feet from the limo in front whilst negotiating a busy city, is draining. After it was all over...I just needed to get home. But no...some motorists had not been so careful...and accidents on most routes caused massive tail backs. I should have been home at 4...but at 6pm I was still trying to find a route home. My stress levels were at boiling point...but managed not to blow...so at least I have learned something. One car had caused all the chaos...running into the back of another vehicle. Strange, as the sun was behind them. It takes ages to.recover a vehicle these days. Gosh even I dragged myself injured, from middle of the road, so as not to hold up traffic. My thoughts were with anyone who had called an ambulance though.. they had zero chance of getting through.Black Friday...more Red really.

No comments:

Post a Comment