Thursday 30 March 2017

Bomber

So the logistics of getting my new sofa and getting rid of the old one the same day,were as complicated as Brexit. The delivery slot was narrowed to between 12 and 2018. I had my dad on standby to come to my house as I was at work. A prolific tinkerer, my dad bought his tools , just in case anything needed fixing. True to form, when I got home, my internal door was in bits on the floor, the lock having mysteriously broken...although it had done ok, for the last 20 years ! Also while sliding my curtains into a better position  ..he snapped the curtain rod. So I am now living in a house that wouldn't look out of place in Beirut. To make matters worse, my friend who was buying my old sofa, hired a man with a van to fetch it. He was in a mad rush and took half the paint off my other door. When it got to my friends house, it wouldn't go through the door ..so she has to take the window out? Driving for another company today in one of their vehicles. I literally had seconds to work out where indicators and hand brake were...any chance of a break?

No comments:

Post a Comment