Saturday 4 March 2017

It don't mean a thing.

I am working really hard, trying to promote a concert our band is putting on. I have done numerous poster drops around the area. The poster is top quality, designed by a very good friend of mine. It has every detail anyone would need. Including free admission, but I was still asked by one person...how much is it to get in. Fact is,many people are not observant and live in their own safe bubble. Be it driving or walking along staring at a mobile phone....it's their world and they ain't coming out of it. So all I can hope, is that all the people who have seen the poster....are bubbless...and have taken in all the information, because I have received no calls. I have to admit to being a little scared, especially if no one turns up. But I did say a quick prayer to the big band agent in the sky. I wonder if a free concert by a big band in the 1940s would attract hundreds. No e mail in them days. Good old word of mouth. Then again, when you are only used to karaoke and bingo in a pub, to be met by 16 men and women..swinging...can be a tad daunting?

No comments:

Post a Comment