Saturday 30 July 2016

Lurch

As you know, I rarely cycle the roads now, sticking firmly to cycle paths. These to have hidden dangers. Dogs off leads. Children running out of hedges. Discarded bottles . But I have the horn. Yes a horn that is louder than the loudest trumpet concerto  written by rimsky  corsatoff  in Db minor demented. It can be heard from 100yards. I have to wear ear plugs as it's that bloody loud. But not to the family playing doleman go today. Straddling  the whole path we had mum staring at phone..three children staring at Aldi and dad..with ciggie drooping out of corner making a human barrier. I hit my fog horn from a hundred  feet away. No movement.  50 feet...nothing.... 10 feet...not a brain cell stirred ...eyes still firmly fixed on phones and kids asking for sweets. Slowing fast I actually rolled up to the youngest child. I looked at the zombified  father and said politely ' if you could move a little quicker please ' The chap had obviously taken many university courses to secure work. One must have been foreign  languages as he uttered the prose ' F+CK OFF.  My immediate reply was ' Oh wait...I have seen you on.Jeremy Kyle haven't I?' He had no reply...so I cycled into the wilderness actually wondering if I had. As much sense as the discussion I was having with a local councillor  on twatter  last night. Some people only see what is front of their faces.....I need coffee...

No comments:

Post a Comment