Thursday 14 July 2016

Bearing my soul

When is it legal, to undertake? Well today ,as I am off to be part of the team, to make sure a funeral proceeds with dignity and respect. As a limo driver, I never speak to the mourners in conversation, unless they speak to me first. I have heard sorrow and tears, laughter and mirth and complete silence , while driving mourners to the service. In my years, I have heard discussions about the will! Discussions about funeral fashion, with the common phrase ' Did you see what she was wearing' discussions about the deceased and their life stories. And the silence of total shock and sorrow.  I try not to to listen...but sometimes its unavoidable. When i get out of the limo it all has to be forgotten and i carry on proffesionaly to carry the coffin on its last journey. Every day is an adventure and I am proud to be part of someone's final journey. I have no idea where i am going to today. It could be a city a town a village. Its all part of this fascinating job.

3 comments:

  1. any idea where this picture is of

    ReplyDelete
  2. any idea where this picture is of

    ReplyDelete
  3. No...i know its part of a ghost town web site. If you google that it should come up mate

    ReplyDelete