Thursday 28 July 2016

Soggy soldiers

My day changed completely  today when I got a text last night, just.as I was going to bed ,asking me to where black trousers...I was going to wear jim  jams...but I am eager to please, so changed...it was a tad uncomfortable. Realised when I woke that they meant for work. We usually wear stripes..so it should have given me a clue what area I was going to. I grade it by standard of coffee at office. 1~5..1 being the type  Baldrick  made in the trenches. To 5. Served by a harem of beautiful scantily  clad girls, whilst being fanned by vine leaves and gently fed pharaoh  roches....Today was a 3. My alarm failed to go off...so I was running late, eating my marmite  covered toast in the shower. Leapt into my car...and drove to work. Stopped and went back to put my clothes on. Made it just in time...see what I did with the photo....Every Funeral is different and interesting and poignant. Some people want to talk when you are driving them to the service. Some remain quiet, lost in their own thoughts. Some laugh, sharing the person's memories. Some sob. Whatever the situation, you have to detach yourself from it and not take your work home with you...especially  if your the hearse driver. I love my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment