Thursday 8 September 2016

Sentimental

I went into a world of decadence today. A cafe that had a themed 1940s ambience, including, back to back Tommy Dorsey tracks. I drank coffee out of China cup listening to Song of India. I ate posh sandwiches off China plates humming along to Marie. I could have stayed there all day. Even the toilet was an amazing place....complete with a Gas Mask....hmmm maybe I should get one for mine...especially after some of my cooking experiments. Loved every second of it. Like stepping back in time. A time, although fraught with danger, was less complicated. I once had an idea of opening my own small cafe on the coast. I was going to call it 19 for tea's......and was going to have the staff in army uniform of that period.....maybe one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment