Thursday 15 September 2016

Un deux twit

I don't think I have ever taken a journey from A to B , without some sort of detour. For example parachuting...mountain biking...even a simple walk down the beach as a lad, took me to A and E not A to B. In fact, when I finally shuffle off this crazy planet and head towards the big light in the sky....I just know, I will take a wrong turn. Take last night as another example.  I figured I would do a dry run, to find the location of my psychology appointment tomorrow. Prepping my sat nav...I set off on what should have been a 25 minute journey. About 9 miles into the journey, my sat nav...affectionate called Doris   made a strange noise...turned of...turned on again...and put me in the middle of France ??? A short journey, had now turned into 24 hour marathon...stopping only to sample les cargo and frittes.In the end I had to resort to victorian methods...stopping and asking people...luckily, none spoke French.Finally arriving at the correct road....I searched for no 17.  11..13...no number and what should be 17, was in fact...a chip shop. Now I know I was battered in the accident? But what the heck. So cross the road and go into a pub....nice landlord, but very gay  and who was fascinated with my ' I do it in 7 positions t shirt '. But finally, he agreed. His pub was number 6...so odd numbers other side of road. So once again I was back at the chip shop. Resisting the temptation to ask for a bag of scratchings, I asked the chip shop owner.... It seems that the numbers went even to number 14...then to 15??? Sometimes it feels as if I am in the Trueman show,?

No comments:

Post a Comment