Wednesday 22 February 2017

Baby blues

My mission in life, is to get more men to open up about depression and anxiety. Be it through, talking or writing. I was shocked today after talking to a mate about his pregnant wife. She is struggling with depression. I knew that doctors were hesitant to prescribe prescription drugs, so I suggested St John's Wort...a natural herbal tablet for mild depression...although the term always makes me laugh...mild? However , on googling the herb and pregnancy...it's a no no...why? Because no clinical trials have been conducted!!! Ok, I understand that a baby's health may be compromised...but the consequences of a mother to be with severe depression...does not bear...no pun intended...thinking about? I dread to think how many have taken their own lives? Maybe it's time to start thinking outside the box?

No comments:

Post a Comment