Saturday 25 February 2017

That sinking feeling

My mother in law once said, that she couldn't wait until I am dead, so she could dance on my grave. That's ok, I am being buried at sea!
Ok I'm not, but it's a fascinating subject. Expensive and lots of rules to adhere to. The body must not be embalmed, be free from infection. The coffin must have certain size holes in it and weighted with steel. There are only 3 areas you can be launched off the boat. These are non trawling areas, so you don't end up in a tin of tuna in someone's sarnie. If you have about 6 grand spare, then go for it. However there are not so many rules about having your ashes scattered at sea. And what people don't see, don't harm them. Just make sure there is not a head wind, otherwise you will go back to your cabin, looking like you have snorted your own body weight in cocaine!

No comments:

Post a Comment