Wednesday 15 February 2017

Filled up with tears

I was brought up, to be very careful of money and not to waste it on wine women and song...Ok I failed on 2 of the rules. But do you know what makes my blood boil? No not crematoriums...but petrol pumps. No matter how careful you are, it always goes over by a penny. Not much I hear you cry! Well, if it happens to every motorist in the world, it soon mounts up. I always put in £22...but by the time I go and pay...It's £22.01p??? I figure all the cashier's have a secret switch, that nudges over the digital display as soon as your backs turned? Well last night, I was chuffed with myself, for stopping dead on £21.99. Even if she throws the penny switch, I have won a minor battle. With a gleeful smile, I said ' pump number 8 please' imagining the look of defeat on her face, I nearly passed out when she said...£ 25.60p please!! With indignation in my voice.. I argued on how much I had put in my tank. With a patience born of a saint, she gently told me, that I had put 21.99 litres in. I made my excuses and left.

No comments:

Post a Comment